http://kajal-midastouch.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To every man on Women's day

On this day I received many messages and wishes praising women and complimenting womanhood.

I faced a question : "Why there is no special day for men...?" which I instantly answered "Do they deserve it...?" and a laughter exchanged but this really made me think about it deeply.

I am proud to be a woman and I enjoy every aspect of every role I do play. But what makes us special, and why do men not deserve a special day..?

If we are a caring mother - Doesn't a father have sleepless nights?
If we are a loving sister   - Doesn't a brother gives us protection?
If we love our father selfless? - Doesn't he love a daughter more then his life?
If we are sacrificing girl friend - Doesn't a guy compromise on his action movie over a romantic one?
If we multitask to manage the home? -  Doesn't he manage to pay bills and instalments, banking and insurances?
If we manage social responsibilities - Doesn't he give Social security to us?
If we manage house hold chaos? - Doesn't he work day and night to earn?
If we are a mother, a sister,  a wife, and a working woman - Aren't they a father, a brother, a husband and work to satisfy all our material needs?

We are special because they show confidence in our ability to multi task, because they show they value the love and affection we show, because they provide us that social platform to play multiple roles. It is because they at times ignore the messy house and sandwiches in dinner we are successful working woman.

I am convinced that they also deserve a special day. I thank my dad, my husband, my brothers,my uncles, my friends, my business associates, my colleagues, my teachers and each man who has ever made me feel special, to make me feel capable enough to live up to every challenge I have faced and will ever face.

Gals think over it, they deserve a special day too......

2 comments:

  1. Well Kajal, It is indeed a very thought provoking writeup. But to be very honest, the world moves because of women power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to agree with what you have said Jayant. Thanks

    ReplyDelete